What happen if the neutral wire and ground wire of the leakage circuit breaker are reversed?
We found that the neutral wire and the ground wire were reversed during the renovation, but after the power was turned on, there was no tripping phenomenon when the electrical appliances were working. At this time, we need to pay attention. There are generally two reasons for this problem: first, the switch in the distribution box at home does not have leakage protection; second, the earth leakage circuit breaker installed in the distribution box fails.
If the switches in the distribution box in our home are all miniature circuit breaker during the renovation, the neutral wire and the ground wire will not be tripped because the miniature circuit breaker does not have the function of leakage detection and protection. This switch configuration method is very unsafe, it must be carried out in accordance with the switch configuration required by the specification, that is, the lighting circuit uses miniature circuit breaker, and all other circuits use earth leakage circuit breaker.
If the earth leakage circuit breaker is installed in the distribution box of our home during the renovation as required, the neutral wire and the ground wire are reversed but there is no trip, then it can only mean that the leakage protection switch we installed is damaged, unable to move effectively and accurately, it is recommended that everyone should replace it immediately instead of continuing to use it. There is a great potential safety hazard in electricity use.
Through the analysis of the above principles, we can find that once the neutral wire and the ground wire are connected reversely, a tripping phenomenon occurs when the electrical appliance is used. If there is no tripping phenomenon, please immediately check whether the earth leakage circuit breaker is damaged and deal with it in time to avoid accidents. In addition, it is very dangerous that the live wire and neutral wire of the circuit breaker are reversed, and the metal shell of the electrical appliance may be live, and electric shock may occur. Therefore, the home wiring must be correctly connected in accordance with the standard requirements, and the live, neutral, and ground wires must be used correctly.
Wrong connection: The live wire and neutral wire are reversed